Sunday, January 13, 2008

In the mood for Thai food?


Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar has been in Wilton Manors for a little over 5 years now. In what used to be a camera store...now sits one of the best Wilton Manors restaurants. The food has always been excellent and the service on spot as well. There is lots of eye candy around the place as customers and as the staff. On my last visit we arrived a bit early on a Friday. (My suggestion is to get there for dinner on the weekends early if you don't like to wait.)

We (my friend Nick joined me) got our table immediately and our server greeted us and took our drink order. The interior is decorated very nicely. You feel comfortable and relaxed. There is also a sushi bar you can dine at with a huge aquarium as the center piece.

Our dinner started with the Calamari Appetizer. It's lightly breaded and fried and served with a sweet and spicy sauce. Nick and I LOVED IT!

Next we both decided to try the curry. You pick the main component of the dish (I took shrimp..he took chicken). Then you pick the type of curry. I got the Red Curry and Nick...the Green. They also have some unique names for some of the menu items (Girls Night Out...is Lobster Tail, Fillet Mignon, Soft Shell Crab, lobster sauce / Galanga’s chili sauce and Big and Beautiful, which is Jumbo Shrimp, bok choy, garlic, white pepper, light brown sauce).

The main courses were GREAT. I would highly recommend stopping in for dinner. You can also walk The Drive after you get stuffed. The one negative aspect of the place...is the acoustics. As the dining room started to fill up...it got quite loud. But that's another reason I like to get there early. Less people...quieter dinner.

Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar
2389 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, FL



GaySofla rating: (3 flags out of 5)


Some other pics (from their website...I took the one on the top of the post):








Sphere: Related Content

No comments: